More of a Documentary Aprroach:
Stephen Shames: "Bronx Boys"
Stephen Shames: "Bronx Boys"
Shames photographed these boys through out their childhood and then later on in their teens and adulthood. These images work especially well as a large series, because they complete each other and tell the story of these boys' life. But in each image, I think you can imagine a story about these boys and one wants to figure out what that story is.
Lissy Larichia: "surreal portraits"
This series of pictures tells a story in a more imaginative way, so the viewer can really imagine anything that could be happening. I like the use of the outdoor environment, because it gives a bit of a dreamy effect and it seems to be telling a story of some kind of journey this girl is having.
Daniela Edburg: "Drop Dead Gorgeous" Series
(more elaborate, staged narratives)
(more elaborate, staged narratives)
This series of images is more elaborate and is staged. They all have this common thread where the female character in the picture is "dropping dead" from a crazy mishappening, often do to with sweet candy or cake. I especially like the first image, because of the outdoor environment and the colours in the picture; I get the point with this image and it's not as "over-the-top" as the others...
More of a Fashion Approach:
Erik Madigan Heck
In this series of pictures, I really like the use of patterns and colours, which I think make the image interesting. Since it's a fashion approach to narrative photography, I think the model is more posed than in documentary for example, but none the less, I think the model serves as an actress in these images, telling a story about her "home" or environment. It's a bit more of a subtle approach to a narrative, because it's a bit more down-played than some other fashion-narratives; it's more like a "slice-of-life" to this fashion character's life...
Images found from: http://www.featureshoot.com/

















No comments:
Post a Comment