Allison, Emily B., Laurence and I will be doing our research project on NEW GERMAN PHOTOGRAPHY.
Here are some links that I found, that may be useful for the research.
I'm most likely going to be speaking about the trio that started this "movement": Thomas Struth, Andreas Gursky and Thomas Ruff.
http://www.economist.com/node/186360
→ Thomas Struth and Andreas Gursky
Gursky: http://www.popphoto.com/news/2011/11/andreas-gursky-photo-rhein-ii-sells-43-million-auction
http://thesegunsdontquit.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/gursky99cent12.jpg
Tillmans:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Tillmans
German interview: http://www.art-magazin.de/div/heftsuche/tillmans/1979/2008/0/OGOWTEGWPPRPHPOGOASTSGCWCHSGWTRWWOER/%22Es-dreht-sich-jetzt-nur-noch-um-gute-Kunst%22
http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesellschaft/0,1518,486281,00.html
Juergen Teller
DE interview: http://www.welt.de/lifestyle/article5655767/Madonna-hatte-Angst-vor-mir.html
article w/ more photog names:http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/41052/gute-aussichten-new-german-photography-at-goethe-institut-wednesday-june/
http://www.guteaussichten.org/index.php
→ http://www.katrinkamrau.de/
→ Aussehnsucht http://www.rebeccasampson.com/
→ Samuel Henne http://ilikethisart.net/?p=10483
http://www.triangulationblog.com/2011/08/something-specific-about-everything-by.html
→ Helena Schaetzle http://www.helenaschaetzle.de/de/portfolio/
→ Andre Hemstedt and Tine Reimer http://www.wehaveseen.de/fotografie.html
→ Stephan Tillmans http://www.stephantillmans.com/index.php?/portfolio/leuchtpunktordnungen/
some background info:http://www.tatsachen-ueber-deutschland.de/de/kultur-medien/main-content-09/bildende-kunst.html
→ pretty much just saying how “young german artists” came to be known; how photography wasn’t recognized as an art at first, the break-through came in the 90s (i think a lot has to do wth the fall of the berlin wall, and no more german democratic republic...) with three students of this photo-couple (Bernd and Hilla Becher): Thomas Struth, Andreas Gursky and Thomas Ruff → became known as “Struffsky” for their new style which was now known internationally...
No comments:
Post a Comment