Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Workshop Edits

Original Image
And here are some edits:

Black and White; with a bit of a gaussian blur, except for the eyes, to make them stand out.
I wanted to make the image a soft black and white, to give it a bit of an older feel. I also used the Gaussian Blur Filter, to blur the background and her face a bit, except for the eyes, as I think here eyes are already standing out in the image and I wanted to strengthen that aspect. (It gives it a bit of a faux-tilt-shift feel...)

A contrasty black and White image, with some gaussian blur.
I pretty much did the same thing as above, but wanted to experiment with making it a bit more contrasty, with an Adjustment layer, to make the model stand out from the background more, and give richer blacks and whiter whites. I also kept her eyes sharp again, as well as a part of her lips, still experimenting with this faux-tilt-shift feel.

A bit of Sepia tonal range, and some gaussian monochromatic noise.
I first started off with making the image a Black and White with an adjustment layer, and then adding a tint of a pale brown/orange/yellow tone to give the look of older paper/sepia effect. I then proceeded to use the Noise Filter, and used monochromatic gaussian noise. And then I changed the Layer from "Normal" to "Soft Light", as was shown in class, to integrate the noise within the image, instead of having it lay on top.

A washed out version
On this edit, I just experimented with the Vibrance and Saturation Adjustment Layer, to give it more of a vintage-y look. The model blends in with the background more thna on some other edits, but I think that her striking gaze makes up for that, and she still feels separated.

No comments:

Post a Comment